Upon completion of the course, the student should understand
· How LEDs generate light.
· How dimmable LEDs are different from non-dimmable LEDs.
· The importance of properly matching dimmers to LEDs.
· How color LEDs and color controls work.
· How fiber optic cables work.
· How fiber optic signals are encoded.
· Some fiber optic mechanics, such as connectors, transceivers and multiplexers.
· Variable speed control requirements of DC and AC motors.
· How a wide range of sensors are incorporated into systems.
· How PLCs are used to replace wired logic.
· Applications of PLCs.
· Designing and implementing energy management systems.
· Where is energy management most productively and least productively used?
· The definition of and the likely importance of microgrids in future neighborhoods.
· What’s new in the 2020 National Code?