This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Students will learn of the dangers of asbestos exposure.
- Students will learn the definitions of the various work classifications.
- Students will become familiar with the permissible exposure limit for asbestos and also learn which asbestos operations employers must monitor and assess.
- Students will understand the Function of a “competent person”.
- Students understand the need for medical surveillance programs for employees, and the importance of maintaining employee records.
- Students will appreciate the need for communicating asbestos hazards at worksites and for providing asbestos warning labels.
- Students will learn how to train employees regarding asbestos exposure. Students will become familiar with Compliance requirements for Classes I - IV work.