This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Students will learn about the energy requirements of municipal water service providers.
- Students will learn how the wind energy market functions, including market drivers and market economics.
- Students will understand implementation issues for wind power.
- Students will become knowledgeable about wind-powered water service applications.
- Students will learn how to screen for water service opportunities in windy U.S. areas.
- Students will learn about the best locations with wind-water potential. Students will become familiar with several case studies of use of wind energy.