This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The student will learn about the origin and format of the relevant parts of the Code of Federal Regulation and the means for complying with them.
- The student will learn the particular details of air, water, and soil quality regulations.
- The student will become familiar with exposure limits for personnel and how to comply with related Federal rules by protecting personnel through the use of appropriate equipment and health monitoring.
- The student will be able to determine when air quality monitoring is needed (including when volatile organic compounds are present) and how to implement the monitoring devices.
- The student will be aware of procedures, restrictions and documentation required to comply with Federal regulations on the generation, storage, transportation, and disposal of hazardous materials produced in paint removal procedures.