This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Students will be able to determine ethical behavior, using several philosophical models.
- Students will learn how to evaluate a practical situation in terms of a professional code of ethics.
- Students will learn how to identify situations that represent conflicts of interest.
- Students will become knowledgeable about applying the standards of professional ethics in technical communications.
- Students will understand the need to recognize the environmental impacts of engineering work.
- Students will grasp the principles of sustainable development in the performance of professional duties.