This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Students will learn about the issues arising from ground mounted systems.
- Students will understand solar system weight considerations arising from mounting on a landfill cap.
- Students will learn how wind and snow loading must be accommodated.
- Students will learn about settlement problems and how they can be alleviated.
- Students will become knowledgeable about cover material integrity and side slope stability.
- Students will appreciate the technical concerns that arise from renewable energy production on Superfund or brownfield sites.
- Students will know about required permitting, zoning issues, and land use. Students will become aware of CERCLA liability concerns.