At the conclusion of this course, the participant will:
- Understand the history of early traffic circles and rotary intersections.
- Be familiar with general design process for modern roundabouts.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of roundabouts.
- Be familiar with basic geometric elements
- Know the various principles and objectives for roundabout design
- Be familiar with the design of different types of roundabouts
- Recognize the various types of roundabout performance checks
- Understand the design and placement of traffic control devices
- Be familiar with signage and pavement marking options