Upon completion of the course, the student should understand
· How PV cells convert sunlight into electricity,
· How and why PV cells are incorporated into PV modules,
· How to evaluate the performance of systems.
· How to evaluate the suitability of a proposed site for a PV system.
· How to select an appropriate array mounting system.
· How to calculate the wind load on a rooftop PV array.
· How to determine acceptable means of fastening the array to the roof.
· How to identify the electrical code requirements of a residential PV system.
· How to design residential PV systems that use microinverters or AC modules.
· How to design residential PV systems that uses DC:DC power optimizers.