Students will learn about
· The importance of an accurate estimate.
· The difference between a bid and an estimate.
· Whether or not to estimate a job.
· Factors to consider before offering an estimate.
· The electrical contractor’s estimating tools.
· How to use a spread sheet to estimate faster and accurately.
· Breaking the estimate down for better accuracy.
· The effects of bad information in an estimate.
· The elements of an estimate.
· Examples of failed projects due to inaccurate estimates.
· Ethics in estimating and bidding.