Upon completion of the course, the student should have a better understanding of
· AC and DC arc flash.
· Modern dimmer controls.
· Selecting and installing electric vehicle chargers.
· Watts, VARS and power factor.
· Grounding, bonding and floating.
· When it might be advantageous to use formulas rather than tables.
· Nonlinear loads, harmonics and neutral current in 3-Phase systems.
· When and how to install expansion joints in PVC conduit.
· Inverters, Microinverters and DC Power Optimizers
· IEEE 1547 and its influence on renewable energy equipment design and operation.
· Modern energy storage systems.