1. For the student to come away with an overview and understanding of the kinds of new technology that can help them with their construction industry businesses.
2. For the student to understand the basics of building information modeling (BIM) and the tools necessary to add this function to their businesses.
3. For the student to understand how drones can aid in their project management and what the FAA requires for their proper use.
4. For the student to become familiar with what type of robotic systems are available to them in construction.
5. For the student to understand the basics of augmented reality and virtual reality and how those can increase productivity and the quality of project management.
6. For the student to be aware of how tech is contributing to jobsite safety and new personal protective equipment.
7. For the student to understand how the cloud and wireless technology can assist with everything from document management to remote operation of heavy equipment.