To provide for and safeguard the life, health, safety, property, and public welfare of the people of Broward County, the County Board of County Commissioners regulates the trades and occupations of:
(1) Plumbing and specialty plumbing contractors;
(2) Electrical and specialty electrical contractors;
(3) General and specialty building contractors;
(4) Mechanical and specialty mechanical contractors;
(5) Liquefied petroleum gas contractors; and
(6) Engineering and specialty engineering contractors.
Any individual or business organization desiring to engage in any of these trades or occupations is required to establish competency and qualifications before being certified to work professionally in Broward County. The system for the examination, certification, and regulation of these contractors is described in the Broward County Code, Ch. 9--Contractors, Chapter 9, Article I, Division 1. The purpose of the present course is to provide familiarity with Division 1.